



Now it's Haley's turn (the favorite sister)! Heather has always been a fun older sister. When we were younger she loved to make up songs and dance around in the living room. She was really nice and sometimes silly. Most importantly, even as a little kid she had such a strong testimony of the gospel and was very charitable to others.
Heather and I are three years apart. I remember as a freshman at BYU I was really nervous to go to college. I was lucky to have many older siblings there with me, but the following year they all moved away, except for Heather. To this day I am so grateful that Heather was there with me. My sophomore year was one of the hardest years of college for me. Heather lived so close, I often when to her place for food, comfort, and great talks. In fact, up until my mission we were the only two Flakes from our family living in Provo.
Since Heather is three years older than me I never wanted to live with her at BYU because I thought she was way older than me. Right before my mission, we decided to go ahead and live together. It was such a great experience, it makes me sad that we didn't live together sooner. She was such a support to me as we got to know people in the ward, go on double dates, give dating advice to each other, be running buddies, and even go through the temple together. I recall right before I went on my mission I was the one who told Heather how impressive this one particular guy was in our ward and that she should give him a chance. It was because of my encouragement that they later dated and got married. They now have two little boys and another baby on the way.
Heather is a great example and a hard worker. Through her struggles she has been strong and never faltered. I am blessed to have such a wonderful sister. Love ya Heather!!!
These pictures are from my wedding, but I am sure you can still spot Heather...
Haley

No comments:
Post a Comment