Once when Heather was 6 or 7, she had a very spiritual experience. She had a mix tape that was very important. Music was always very important to Heather. She loved radio music, piano music and karaoke, especially. Anyway, Heather's "rock tape" was lost. She had looked all over for it and come up with nothing. But Heather was taught right. She knew where to turn when she had nothing else to do. So little Heather knelt down and said a prayer. And, do you know what? She got her answer. The "rock tape" was behind the couch. Heather was mocked incessantly about this experience after tenderly sharing it with her family. However, I must say that it is evidence of something we have grown to understand better about Heather over time. She is a spiritual giant. She loves the letter of the law. Not the letter only, but she's a big believer in the letter. Oh, and she was taught by good parents. That's the other thing I learned from this experience.Saturday, May 8, 2010
Heather the Spiritual Giant
Once when Heather was 6 or 7, she had a very spiritual experience. She had a mix tape that was very important. Music was always very important to Heather. She loved radio music, piano music and karaoke, especially. Anyway, Heather's "rock tape" was lost. She had looked all over for it and come up with nothing. But Heather was taught right. She knew where to turn when she had nothing else to do. So little Heather knelt down and said a prayer. And, do you know what? She got her answer. The "rock tape" was behind the couch. Heather was mocked incessantly about this experience after tenderly sharing it with her family. However, I must say that it is evidence of something we have grown to understand better about Heather over time. She is a spiritual giant. She loves the letter of the law. Not the letter only, but she's a big believer in the letter. Oh, and she was taught by good parents. That's the other thing I learned from this experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ha! Leave it to you to turn around an experience that I have been mocked and ridiculed for my entire life, to something inspiring. I like your perspective.
I am picturing Heather sitting in a chair in the middle of your living room with all the siblings around her in a circle "ripping her to shreads". Way to be strong, Heather. That' a sweet experience.
Post a Comment