Sunday, May 16, 2010

Guest Blogger: Bethany

I may be running out of things to say about Heather. So...I've brought in some reinforcements in the form of my family! First up, Bethany.

Heather is only 14 months older than I am. As kids, we were cute little blond girls that did everything together, sometimes we even shared a bed! As we got older, it became more and more obvious how different we were. We were only a grade apart in school, but we never had the same friends. By the time we were in college together, we'd grown apart to the point that we didn't even want to live together. We tried once, but she got mad that I listened to punk rock while I exercised, and she worked out to general conference talks. It wasn't until after my mission that we became better friends. I came home sick a few month early, and didn't even know if I'd be able to handle the plane ride from the Philippines. I had flight delays, and was all alone, and very depressed. When I got to Portland for the last leg of my flight to Boise, I shuffled my way to the next gate, and sitting there was Heather! She had driven to Boise from Provo, then she flew to Portland to be able to fly home with me. When she found out my flight had been delayed in Tokyo, she had to switch her flight to match mine (including a seat next to me), and wait around in the airport for seven hours. I think we both got pretty teary eyed when we saw each other. I couldn't believe the sacrifice she'd gone to so I wouldn't have to be alone. We talked all the way back to Boise, where we began to rebuild the friendship we still enjoy today. I love you, Heather!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Please try harder to find uglier and fatter pictures of me next time.

Payne said...

Bethany is very funny.