Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Guest Blogger: Dillon


Oh, my dear sister Heather. Now there's one person I'd never have a hard time coming up with something nice to say about--or at least something pretty interesting.

When I took driver's ed, the two other kids in my driving group had already had a few years of practice, both having lived in our subdivision, where anything done on the road goes. I was the one moron who'd never driven a car before. However, I had steered one. I remember once when I was really little, it was just me and Heather in some parking lot, and she let me steer the car while she worked the pedals, which at the time I thought was really cool. So any pre-driver's ed experienced I'd had behind the wheel of a car can be attributed to Heather.

My earliest memories of Heather can best be illustrated through things like "Tickle Torture" and "Sky West." I always thought she was one of my coolest sisters (which is of course saying something since I have the coolest family in the history of the Earth), from when I was little on up to the present. She only drove the point home when she married Austin--because he was super cool, too. And somehow they seemed to make each other cooler. So the coolest Heather has ever been is defined in the period from the time she married Austin to the present, during which they've brought forth two-and-a-half very cool kids: Luke, Jensen, and little Dillon, who's on the way (hint, hint).

Anybody who knows me pretty well can tell you that I'm a really cool guy--a fact that I believe speaks for itself. And while I certainly became awesome in a mostly self-taught manner, I think it can be safely said that Heather was one of my greatest influences. Sort of like a Jedi master and a Padawan.

Dillon

No comments: