Before my mission I was living with my family in the mission home. Heather started to get sick. From the first symptoms, I suspected it was appendicitis. I had my appendix out when I was in highschool and knew the signs personally. Heather was taken to the doctor and given a diagnosis of bronchitis. Over the next week Heather was given a series of wrong diagnoses. Unfortunately, by the time the emergency room doctors were able to diagnose it as a burst appendix, Heather was a very sick girl. Heather was so incredibly sick that they actually had to open her up twice to drain the infection from her fragile body. My Dad was busy running the mission, my Mom had a million kids at home. I stayed the night with Heather in the hospital. I remember being afraid to fall asleep because I was worried she wouldn't make it through the night. Heather was in and out of consciousness, but she was never a complainer. She was grateful and sweet the whole time. I'm glad you pulled through, Heather!
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment