
.jpg)
I'm finally starting to understand what people mean when they say "you'll always be my baby" to their adult children. Merrody is just not a baby anymore. Sometimes it seems like she's not even a kid anymore! I can't believe she's already 7, and I can't believe she's only 7. It seems like she's been a part of my life forever. She used to be a sweet little baby, a toddler even a girl--all who just needed me to take care of her. Now she is a friend, a helper. Sure, she still needs me. Hopefully she always will. But our relationship is evolving visibly. I can count on her to give Norah her bath and to do her chores. I talk to her about her day and she tells me things. We talk like friends. She's old enough to be reasoned with and explained to. She's old enough to express her needs and wants to have her parents' approval and love. Well, she's got it. We love our Merrody. What a precious, sweet friend she is. But she will always be my baby.

6 comments:
She is wonderful!
Sweet Merrody. Wha a special first child you guys have. Love her. She is such a good girl.
I love picture number 3! I hope you have it framed somewhere in your house. What a wonderful relationship you have built with Merrody. Something you will both cherish for many years to come.
Just through your blog I can see how much she's grown lately. I feel the same way about Bethany, who is also 7. It's so great to have a total sweetheart as the oldest child, huh? (not that the younger ones aren't sweethearts, just different. :)
She is my heartstring. I adore her and when we are on the phone and she says, "Grandma?" to get my attention, I just melt. Right now we have a reading deal and I must print out those certificates which she will exchange for dollars as she reads as many books as possible. Yay for Merrody Jane Malone. xoxoxoxox Grandma M.
Look how beautiful she is!
Post a Comment