.jpg)




Let's face it. Joel is a challenging child. I am learning, though, that it's true what they say--the more you sacrifice for a person, the more you love them. The more trial and trauma I go through trying to raise this guy, the more I just adore him! Joel is crazy and stubborn and difficult. But he's also the only child I have who unfailingly thanks me for dinner every night! He makes his siblings cry daily, but he also will walk past me giving Matt a haircut and say, "Nice hair, Daddy." He is the hardest to talk into doing anything, but when he decides to be good, he is capable of cleaning the whole house just to be nice to me. I pull my hair out trying to figure out how to parent him, but I know I've got one thing he needs--a mother who absolutely and unconditionally loves him.

5 comments:
Thanks for the reminder to keep loving our children when they are behaving unlovably! Something I often forget.
love these posts! Norah's melted my heart. I want to squeeze her and just eat her up. I will say one thing about Joel--watch out when he gets into high school--jr. high for that matter. He's going to be hot and that means trouble. I love your kids. So glad you're dong these posts.
What a handsome guy. I think every parent gets at least one really hard child--mine is Eliza. After seeing those childhood pics of Matt in one of your posts, I can definitely say he looks just like Matt. Was Matt a difficult child?
He really is so handsome. Man, the Schofield's sure have their share of headstrong kids...mostly in the form of a 4 year old with yummy red hair.
sounds a bit like my second child....hmmm. Funny thing about Joel is that he reminds me the most of Matt in the looks department. I wonder if Jane had a tough time with him? :)
Post a Comment