It's only fair that my next blog post should be about the little guys. I tend to wax poetic when I talk about girls. And with good reason! Girls are so fun! But the boys make life interesting and fun and exciting (and messy).Joel and Jack are pretty much one unit these days. They are an unstoppable force of nature. Wrestling and fighting, drawing and cutting and glueing until all the paper's gone and the place is a total wreck. They eat non-stop and no one can seem to close the refrigerator or cupboard doors. Or put the toilet seat down. Or wear one outfit a day. You get the idea.
We live in a neighborhood full of boys. Our backyard neighbor is a little boy in kindergarten like Jack. Jack LOVES Cooper. Joel likes Cooper, too, but we see him more with Kennedy and Ashley, the SISTERS of the neighborhood boys! I don't blame them for liking him, but Matt and I are wishing he wasn't quite so cute.
I can't believe Jack's in kindergarten. His transition was seamless. I guess he had the advantage of watching two older siblings go before him. He seems so grown up.



A couple of weeks ago, Joel lost 3 teeth in three days. That makes for a pretty dramatic change in appearance! His teeth weren't quite ready to come out, if you ask me, but add one very money-hungry boy to a dentist father and you can guess how that conversation went...




These guys melt my heart.

We signed Joel up for flag football this fall. He asked us to sign him up, but when it was time to go to his first game, he flatly refused to go. It took me about an hour to talk him into his uniform and get him into the car. Afterwards, he said, "MOM! Did you know football is a game about pushing people down?" I think he's found his niche.


We signed Joel up for flag football this fall. He asked us to sign him up, but when it was time to go to his first game, he flatly refused to go. It took me about an hour to talk him into his uniform and get him into the car. Afterwards, he said, "MOM! Did you know football is a game about pushing people down?" I think he's found his niche.








2 comments:
Joely looks like a baby Matt Malone.
Oh, I am just so wild about these guys! I can't help it, they just thrill me over and over again.xoxo
Post a Comment