Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my two boys! Joel and Jack are constantly surprising me and at the same time they are everything boys should be--they are loud and rough and athletic. They love to wrestle and look devastatingly handsome in their Sunday best. I'm positive I would pine for boys if I didn't have them.
And yet, I am constantly grateful for the girls in my life. Merrody and Norah are polar opposites. While Merrody never cared a bit for dolls or Barbies, fairies or Strawberry Shortcake, Norah can't get enough of those things. Merrody is my animal fanatic, my science girl, my bookworm and organizer. Norah is a running mess, a total drama queen and a social butterfly.
If you look at their contrasting personalities and add it to a seven year age difference, you wouldn't expect much in the way of friendship for these two. But they manage to LOVE each other. They find a way to play together. Merrody is Norah's second mother and Norah follows her around like a lost puppy.
When I think about the relationship I have with each of my six sisters, I am grateful these cute girls have each other. I imagine them leaning on each other during difficult times and turning to each other for advice, just as I do with my sisters. And when I think of how much I love my own mother, I hope these two sweet girls will save just a little bit of the fun to share with me, too.









9 comments:
Well said! Girls are so easy to have around, the boys are fun but different. Maybe its because we are girl and we can relate a little easier.
The last picture is the cutest. Sister Power!
-Haley
That is the way I feel about my daughters, too. And I love my daughters-in-law, too. Daughters just understand! xoxoxo Mom M.
Cute girls. I love having 2 girls, and having a girl to start the family. Girl power!
Beautiful girls. Don't you just love them? I'm so lucky to have had a girl first too...it's nice having another 'mom' around the house.
Girls are the sweetest and the cutest for sure! When Eliza cries, I just look at her and say, "I know what you mean." She says the same to me when I cry.
I love daughters, I love sisters, I love girlfriends, and I love you. These pictures are to die for. So is your new header. Are all of them taken by your house? HUGS and LOVE.
This was such a beautiful post!
What a sweet post! It's great having daughters, especially when they like each other. That Norah is such a cutie! I love her smile!
Post a Comment