Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Valentines: Merrody Jane

I love Merrody. She's kind of quiet and unsure of herself at this point in her life. Like she hasn't quite decided whether or not what she has to say matters. Maybe she doesn't know, but I do. She's incredibly talented and beautiful and smart and so sweet.
Last Monday night she played "Once There Was A Snowman" as our FHE song on the piano. She did it perfectly without any mistakes and wasn't even shy or nervous! She must have inherited her father's musical abilities.
I don't think she realizes it, but she's actually a pretty good athlete, too. Her swim instructor has told us a million times that Merrody's her fastest swimmer and quickest learner. She was also pretty quick and aggressive in soccer. I'm really looking forward to watching her play soccer again.
I love Merrody's maternal nature. She is always taking care of Norah or teaching Jack something. My life has changed since she was put in charge of taking Norah out during church. I can actually get something out of church!
Merrody is a big leader in our family. When she decides to have a good attitude about getting the chores done or hurrying up and getting ready for bed, etc., all of the other kids follow suit. It's so nice to have her as the first child. She is helpful and supportive and also very loving and patient with the younger kids.
I am watching Merrody quickly head in the direction of tween-hood (is that a word?). In some ways, it's exciting. In other ways it breaks my heart. I just want her to stay with us forever and after the next phase comes another and another and then...college. Please stay, Merr.
We love you so much.







2 comments:

Jami Jackson said...

What darling posts and pictures of your kids!! I loved the way you described all of them; you know them best and I can tell. I may have to copy you in some way.

Malone Family Blog said...

"MY" precious Merrody Jane. Last week when we were home and all together at our house, it was Merrody who held things together, just quietly helping everyone with everything. When you had all left, I was straightening up a little and I found a beautiful ocean picture that she left for "Grandma". I brought it here to Naples and it is on my frig. I love Merrody Malone; she is a true friend and a lovely young daughter of God. xoxoxoo Grandma M.