Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Anti-Climax

My life is just like this. I obsess for a month trying to decide which outfits are perfect for pictures. In this case, I hunted and shopped off-and-on for about a month trying to find the perfect easter outfits. Then Easter came and went with no pictures. Of course, I wouldn't hear of anyone wearing their new clothes before they were used for pictures! And it seemed like every chance we could've had to take pictures it was either raining or cold. I was starting to think there was an actual danger that the kids would grow out of their clothes before having a chance to wear them! Finally I decided that enough was enough. We were taking the pictures today rain or shine. I announced my plans to Matt and was met with moderate annoyance. The man never wants to take pictures, right? Right as I began to get ready, the hometeachers showed up...and then it started to POUR! After the hometeachers left, I resumed my preparations, all the while hearing rain outside my window. I didn't care, the rain would just have to stop. The kids screamed all through the getting ready phase. Matt was in a pretty bad mood. And then the rain stopped just long enough to take the pictures. New outfits, check. Tolerable weather, check. Darling children, check. Wind, humidity, damp air, no actual photographer-just a timer, check. And there you have it--what happens everytime we take pictures by ourselves. I get my hopes up and then get let down with the inevitable results that come FROM TAKING YOUR OWN FAMILY PICTURES!! What's wrong with me? (Besides the crazy hair and wrinkly shirt?) In my defense, I do have darling children.









6 comments:

Pamela said...

Hahaha. This makes me laugh, because I do THE EXACT SAME THING. And, last time I took our pictures, I fell in a pond. With my camera. Nice.

Julia Kelly said...

Isn't that how it always is when taking family pictures? This is why I haven't taken a family since, well, you took them like 3 years ago.

emlizalmo said...

I think they are DARLING pictures! I love you guys. :)

Rachelle said...

The same situation used to bother me so much because I wanted everything and everyone to be perfect! But, I quickly learned that with my 3 boys, it wasn't going to happen...and to look back on those photos now, well, those are some great memories of kids being kids....and not robots! It's life! LOL!

I still love the pictures! You all look great!

Jami Jackson said...

Darling pictures Sarah! I love the vibrant colors you chose. And if you wouldn't have told that story, I would never have guessed they were "timer" picture nor that it had rained. They look great!!

Lynn said...

Here's the deal. YOU choose the clothes. YOU set up the shots. YOU provide the Nikon (unless my Canon will do), and I will do the shoot.

Deal?

Good.

teehee!! :oD

THey're really not as bad as you think, Sarah. For not being able to see what anybody else is doing, I'd say impressive, really.