Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Devotional

I've been feeling a tug lately telling me to use my blog for more than just cute pictures and craft tutorials. Don't worry you loyal friends, I will continue to post those things. I will also be trying my hand at something new. I have decided to try and post a little spiritual devotional each Wednesday morning. Hopefully it will be something to help us all. What I really hope is that some of you will choose your own day and join in! Wouldn't it be fun to find a little spiritual uplift on each other's blogs? So, here goes...


Does everybody LOVE the youtube Mormon messages channel? I hope you're checking it! I forget to check a lot of the time, and then I find my way back and am reminded again what an amazing thing it is! Three minutes of spiritual fuel. I just love it. Here is a link to the most recent video about procrastination and serving the Lord:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cw8I8eukaI



I love the point Elder Eyring makes about not allowing ourselves to become complacent in what we've already done OR to allow ourselves to be so overwhelmed by life that we don't do what we really should. Remember that guy in the Sunday afternoon session of conference who spoke about not allowing ourselves to become too casual about prayer and scripture study? So, I guess that's my challenge and my goal: to not become too casual. To not procrastinate the little things that are really the big things.

Oh, and also, watch this video of my cute 2-year-old neice identifying all of the apostles and first presidency by sight. I guess that's what some people do during Conference. My kids were so loud my brother had to turn on the closed captioning so the grown ups could know what was being said.

P.S. You may notice I added a link from my blog to the Mormon.org website. I had seen this on other peoples' blogs, but never knew how to get one on mine. I finally found a link here: http://leeloublogs.blogspot.com/2008/05/lds-link-buttons.html


P.P.S. In other news, I redid the toy room. And Norah got fat.

9 comments:

Bethany said...

The toy room looks really cute. I guess those circle things worked out after all. And the silhouettes are really cool too. Thanks for the shout-out to Grace identifying the apostles. Maybe a talent scout will see it. Happy birthday!
-Bethany

Austin and Heather Kramer said...

I really like the toy room too. I like the devotional idea, but I don't know if you're spiritual enough to keep it going.
Cool pictures of your kids. How did you do that? I want to learn how.
I hit a squirrel today, very sad. I tried to call you today for your birthday but you were having your "birthday nap."

Derek said...

Happy Birthday sis! Sure love ya... P.S., Nora is a cute! She looks kind of like that little baby from DINOSAURS though...
D Rawk

Jami Jackson said...

I am going to do that some circle thing with material in my girls' room. Why am I not surprised? So funny.

I love the toy room, but I LOVE the devotional idea even better. I'll be checking your blog every Wed.

Hope you had a great bday!

emlizalmo said...

It makes me so happy when you do new posts. :) Thatnks for the link for the LDS butons...I'd been wondering where people got them. LOVE the silhouettes. I did some of my kids a few weeks back, just haven't framed them yet. Now I'm inspired!

MANDY said...

I saw that youtube posting a week or two ago, and I loved it, too. It's a great idea to add the spiritual posts to your blog. I know I'll be checking. I just read the article in the Ensing about using our blogs to share our beliefs, etc. It definitely gave me something to think about, too. Oh, and Norah is soooo cute with her dimpled smile! Great decorating, Sarah.

literaqueen said...

I love the circles decorations!

And my seminary kids can't do what your two-year-old niece can do. Wow.

Payne said...

I forgot how funny Heather is. I'm always impressed with your creativity, Sarah! Love the toy room, silouettes, and fabring thingies (are they cross stitching hoops??) I've never seen the you tube link, I"ll check it out. Thanks for sharing. Good luck with your Wednesday postings!

love you.

Malone Family Blog said...

Wow, what a playroom. I can't wait to see it and sit in the reading chair and read to my little dolls. Maybe I will sing a song, too. xoxoxo Mom