Friday, October 23, 2009

Good Times

In all my life, I have had very few friends to rival my brother, Joel. We were close as children and inseparable as teenagers. There were a few years there where we had very little contact (missions that overlapped by only 2 weeks). When he left on his mission, I was just graduating from highschool. When I got home from my mission, Joel was married with a kid! And we're only 18 months apart in age! Anyway, besides that little gap, we have been close our entire lives. When Melanie entered the picture, I just adopted her as my new best friend--a big plus for me! So, you can imagine how excited I was to have them stop by for a little visit on their way to Seattle this week. They were here for 36 short hours and we packed in the fun!






Melanie and I went for a nice walk in the morning, and the men went golfing in the afternoon. We took some much needed family pics, took the kids bowling and then went on a wonderful date and left the 10 kids (under the age of 10, mind you) with 2 sweet teenage babysitters. It was so fun!

























4 comments:

Austin and Heather Kramer said...

Wow, what a nice tribute to Joel. I never knew you liked him so well. Why isn't anyone smiling in Joel's family's picture? Oh yeah, Melanie has braces but what is everyone else's excuse?

Jami Jackson said...

Is this what we're missing by not visiting you guys? Man, we miss the "good times" with you. I love the pictures Sarah. The family one is great!! Come take our, k.

emlizalmo said...

Love your new family picture! You guys are cute.

literaqueen said...

I agree: love the new family picture!