Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Super Duper Christmas

Call me Scrooge, but it's all over around here. The tree is down, the decorations are put away and the house is cleaned up. Believe it or not, this is one of the things I look forward to the most about Christmastime; the putting it behind us and looking forward to the new year and a fresh beginning! But not before a quick recap of the highlights here:
It was a pretty exciting change to finally have a place to hang our stockings over a fireplace! Five years ago, I made four stockings thinking how long it would be before I actually needed all four (at the time Joel was just a baby). Now, it seems like I just made them!


One of my favorite Christmas traditions at our house is Christmas morning brunch. Honestly, I could take or leave Christmas eve dinner. What I really look forward to is the brunch the next day! Spinach quiche, fruit, yogurt and granola parfaits, bacon, orange cranberry muffins and grape juice. Mmmmm.
The kids were pretty pumped to see what they got on Christmas morning.

Merr got a horse and doll, among other things.

Norah got fifth's disease for Christmas. (High fever, rash covering her body, and sleepless pain filled nights)
Jack got the Bat Cave and Joel got a track with remote control cars.


Both boys have been pretty obsessed with super heroes lately. They get on their super hero costumes (paper cut out masks, towels tied around them for capes, underwear over their pants, boots, gloves, etc). They even call Norah "Super Girl" and have dressed her up a couple of times! Anyway, lately there has been a little evolution and the boys call them their "Super Duper" costumes. pretty funny.


Well, my Mom made the boys capes for Christmas and Matt and I made some masks out of felt. It was a pretty big hit.



After the opening, we went to Morgantown for Christmas dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Malone. What a fun Christmas!




Merry Christmas, Everyone!!


8 comments:

Jenny G said...

I love that you took down your tree today. I so wanted to, but Josh said it was too scroogy. Your family is adorable!

Jami Jackson said...

What a fun christmas recap. That brunch looks scrumptious and your kids are getting so big. You look darling Sarah (love the bangs) and how great is it that you got to see Matt's parents on Christmas. Love it! And I'm with you about taking all the decorations down . . . my house looks so much cleaner now.

Korbi said...

Beck got the Batcave too. It was by far his favorite present. Well, that and a whoopy coushion! Ha!

Unknown said...

Your pictures always look so impressive. Everything so perfect, the tree, the stockings, the masks (great idea!) and even the picture of your sweetheart. I'm glad it was good, and that it is all done and over with (we put all of ours away on Christmas afternoon). We still miss you.
Melanie

emlizalmo said...

What a cute, cute family. I love Joel's expression as he's seeing his gifts! I also love that Merrody will play super-heroes with them. :) Love you guys.

MANDY said...

What a wonderful Christmas! I love the stockings you made. Only 4? :) It all looks great. How did you make it to WV for dinner after opening??

literaqueen said...

Man, how come I'm always out of town when you're in town? Pout.

LOVE the superhero capes. I want one. Will Jane make me one, do you think?

Lynn said...

Don't tell anyone, but we still have our decoration up! We were going to take everything down yesterday but ended up spending pretty much the whole day sledding. So they're still there. Oops...