Sunday, September 14, 2014

Babcock 2014

My favorite Christmas gift last year was a gift card my mother-in-law gave me to WV State Parks.  I've been saving that card since then for the chance to go camping at my favorite place: Babcock State Park.  Last weekend, we got to go!

 After  months of hot, humid summer, we finally got a cool weekend.  A little rainy, too.  We had to make our hot dog lunch inside.
 Uno was fun, but building houses out of cards we even more fun!
Our budding botanists were endlessly begging me to take pictures of the cool discoveries they found (mostly mushrooms).












And, of course, this guy!

We went on multiple hikes.








I'm not sure why this beautiful overlook inspired all of these shenanigans!




That's my man!  Do yourself a favor and double click on that photo. :)

We visited the Grist Mill and, of course, hung out by the waterfall.





We drove home through the most beautiful scenery.

What a fun and relaxing trip!  What a beautiful world we have to live in!  Thanks, Mom, for the wonderful gift!

5 comments:

Ashley D said...

Looks so fun! Take me next time!

Ben wants you to put that jumping one of Matt on the company webpage and label it "your dentist."

Unknown said...

I love it! Great pictures!

Jami Jackson said...

Oh man Sarah!!! I LOVE and MISS that place so much!!! Jon and I often talk about Babcock and how we haven't found a place as beautiful as that one. Looks like you guys had a blast! Wish we could have joined you! Sarah, you look just as great as ever. Seriously, have you aged at all since I saw you last??? What a beautiful family you have!! Love you guys!

Malone Family Blog said...

Oh, my goodness, this is a treat to last me a LONG, LONG time, seeing the sweet family I love having a great time in good ol' WV. Sarah, the photography is fantastic. Thanks for the post. What botanists we have!

Melanie Eastman said...

Hey Sarah! Great pictures. Your camping pictures make me want to move there! Texas is great...but, well, not quite so pretty. :) Your kids are so cute. Your middle girl (sorry can't remember her name) has the cutest dimples!!