Sunday, August 31, 2014

The Rest of August

Last weekend, we went to the New River Gorge so Matt could run the "New River Gorge-ous Trail Run".  A free campsite was included in the registration.  In spite of flash flood warnings and loud partying all night long outside of our tent, Matt did great!  The kids loved cheering for their dad as he came to the finish line!
























This weekend, we headed to DC.  Matt and I went to the temple in the morning while Carey watched our kids, and then Matt and Merrody went to the temple while I took the younger ones to the visitor's center.

Surprisingly, this is not the most sacrilegious thing that happened at the temple that day!
After the temple, we took the kids to the National Gallery of Art.  I told each kid I would take their picture with their favorite work of art.  The security guards warned me a bunch of times not to do it.  Oops!







Some people just don't appreciate good art!



1 comment:

Jami Jackson said...

Way to go Matt!! I'm so glad we inspired you to run a race!! We did right? Jon and I are running the St George Marathon in a couple weeks. So excited!! And all those pictures of your kids are just a cuteness overload!!