Monday, August 19, 2013

Family Outings

With summer wrapping up, Matt and I started feeling like we'd better take advantage of the nice weather.  So, we took a couple of outings with the kids.  First, we took them hiking to Blackwater Falls.  The weather was perfect and the kids totally loved it!
 







photo bomb


 
After our hike, we drove another 20 miles to Canaan Valley.  We wanted a good view of the valley and everyone said the best place to see it was from the top of the ski slope.  We rode the ski lift up to the top.  I spent the entire trip freaking out about what if one of my babies wiggled loose of the seat and fell to their death!  Thankfully, we made it back safe and sound.

 
The next weekend, we took the kids camping to Tygart Lake State Park.  It was really fun. 





 Matt made biscuits and gravy in the dutch oven for breakfast.






 Hazie thinks camping is hilarious!




 This is my favorite picture right now.  It totally defines Jack and Hazel's relationship.  He is always dragging her here or there against her will.  Every morning he "carries" her into our room exactly like this and she always has the same worried expression on her face!

As it turns out, wildlife at state parks are not afraid of humans.
 
 
 Here's the belly shot I promised.  15 weeks.  Impressive?  I think so.




Also, my girls match every.single.Sunday.  No apologies here.

4 comments:

Ashley D said...

1. Great pictures!
2. I love that your girls match. So cute.
3. Send Ben some of those biscuits and gravy
4. Your belly is impressive. It looks just like mine at 25 weeks. Now I don't feel alone!

Cute family!

Austin and Heather Kramer said...

Fun trips! Can you do them all over again when we come? Also, I can't believe you're pregnant again. Wild! You look good.

Jami Jackson said...

What! I didn't know you were pregnant Sarah!! How exciting!! SIX kids!! Wow! I am so impressed! I need to check in on your blog more often so I'm not left in the dark!

Melanie Eastman said...

Congratulations on having another baby!! How wonderful. It looks like you had a fun summer with your family. And I think you look great. :)