Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Catch Up

The Saturday night before school started, our neighbors threw a party for all of the kids in the neighborhood.  Our contribution was the slip-n-slide.  See all those boys?  That's maybe half of them.  Still worried about my kids' socialization as homeschoolers?
 The girls huddled in the playhouse for privacy.  Why are girls like that?
 We started homeschool!  We've only done it for 7 school days now.  Here are my first impressions:
1.  I'm very surprised that I haven't yet felt sad that I don't get to send my kids off to school.  I expected to long for my free time.  Not yet...
2.  It is so rewarding!  I love being involved in their education.  Matt has been able to help a little on Tuesday mornings and he loves it too.
3.  My kids aren't sad about staying home, but they also aren't "converted" to homeschool.  I wonder how they'll feel by the end of the year?
 Norah absolutely LOVES having the kids home all day.  She is in heaven!
 We took the kids to DelGrosso's Amusement Park on Labor Day.  It was a perfect day.  We all had so much fun.
 Hazel was a total angel the entire time.  She never cried once!
 This picture is CLASSIC!!!
Hope you're all having a great start of the school year, too!

3 comments:

Jami Jackson said...

Great job with the home schooling Sarah! Hope it continues to go well!

Melanie Eastman said...

Hey Sarah--I'm so impressed that you are home schooling. I may be contacting you in a few years... Not sure if I'll do it or not, but you made it look fun. :) Also, sorry about Hazel's eye--she's SO cute! Joel's pool looks amazing--it was fun seeing your family pictures. Miss you guys!

Twinmomwv said...

If anyone can pull off homeschooling, it's you! It didn't work for us when we tried it, but I still have hope for middle and high school after the stories I have heard from the YW in our ward.

I have quite a bit of curriculum still if you are interested in any of it. I can message you a list of what I have. I was using A Well-Trained Mind.