Who decided this guy should get all the credit, I would like to know? I prepared for months for Christmas and the best compliment I've gotten so far is, "Santa's elves sure did a good job".

I even had to lift my ban on baking long enough to make sugar cookies for Santa. We made an army of snowmen along with their much-less-time-consuming cousins, the sprinkle guys.
We had a fun time with a family in our ward making gingerbread houses. Thanks, Rutz family!
We got to deck the halls with our very own boughs of holly from the holly tree in our back yard!
And guess who showed up just as I was finishing Christmas Eve dinner?! Santa's Reindeer!

The kids woke us up at 6:15 (also 3:30 and 5:30). They were so excited to go out and see what Santa had left for them in his usual spot, the living room. They were surprised to see no presents by their stockings, just a note like this one:
We had a fun time with a family in our ward making gingerbread houses. Thanks, Rutz family!
We got to deck the halls with our very own boughs of holly from the holly tree in our back yard!
And guess who showed up just as I was finishing Christmas Eve dinner?! Santa's Reindeer!
The kids woke us up at 6:15 (also 3:30 and 5:30). They were so excited to go out and see what Santa had left for them in his usual spot, the living room. They were surprised to see no presents by their stockings, just a note like this one:
They headed downstairs and found their new/old schoolroom. Matt's Mom and I hunted for months for these schooldesks. Most of them were found on Craigslist. All but one have flap tops for their schoool supplies. The kids love them!
I slaved for months making these felt playhouses. I got the idea from an old college roommate here and she got it from here. I had to make a few adjustments since I made Merr and Joel's to fit the built in bunkbeds in the basement. Mine are also quite a bit more simple since I made three. The mailboxes are functional, though, which they love!



Maybe a good chunk of the morning was spent playing the new wii games. (We put the wii away for about a month before Christmas, so the boys were dying to get it back out)
I made these darling dolls for Norah and her cousins, Clayre and Kate. I got the pattern here. I love them and think they're so cute. Unfortunately, Norah loves the plastic cheerleader doll Merrody got her better. She won't touch these little cuties!
Norah's big present was a sweet garage sale find--a wooden kitchen! She loves it (so does EVERYONE).
I also made Norah (and her new best friend, Clayre) dress-up clothes. These tutus are sparkly. Norah had pretty much the same experience every woman does while trying to learn to wear high heels. It put her in a bad mood.
And after a magical morning, we got in the car and headed over the meadow and through the woods to Grandmother Malone's house! It was a fantastic Christmas! We are so grateful for the many blessings in our lives! Hope you had a great Christmas too!

7 comments:
That's one of the most amazing display of Christmas surprises and gifts I've ever seen! Simply awesome. :)
awesome Christmas! Can you be in charge of mine next year?
Sarah, how do you do it all? You inspire me. You forgot to mention the aprons you made from Mom's table cloths. Oh, and all the amazing food you brought, the pies, the muffins, the quiche. Please plan my Christmas last year after you are finished planning Heather's! Clayre AND Kate love their dollies, Clayre is sleeping with her and your quilt as we speak. Thank you!!
I pretty much love everything you made your kids for Christmas. I seriously want to know how you had time for it all?? My parents have some of those same desks in their house still--love them. Oh, and I LOVE the "reindeer" in your yard. How magical!
What a wondrous blog. Thanks, Sarah. We love the little ones; and they make life great. Good job!
So impressed Sarah! LOVE the playhouses! You did good! :)
I have a desk exactly like Merrody's in my garage.....just moved it out of my house. If I'd known you were looking I would have given it to you for free. You are so talented, as always....great gifts and creative playthings.
Post a Comment