
When I was a teenager, I could often be heard saying (and I meant it), "Matt and Carey, I think I like your Mom more than I like you."
P.S. Yes, that is a me there in the middle, after my mission. How ya like me NOW???
What kind of mother is Jane Malone?

My parents let me go NOWHERE in highschool. It was a constant battle to be allowed out of the house on the weekends. There was one place I was almost unquestionably allowed to go: Jane Malone's house. My parents trusted her THAT much.
What kind of mother is Jane Malone?

She mothered all of the kids who entered her home. She loved us and took a personal interest in our lives. She drove to Kentucky for my mission farewell and even visited me in Utah long before I was dating or married to her son!
What kind of mother is Jane Malone?

She values education. She insisted on paying for me to take classes at BYU even before I married Matt!

What kind of mother is Jane Malone?

The kind of mother who loves her daughter-in-law like a daughter, not an in-law.

What kind of mother is Jane Malone?

The kind of mother who watches her grandkids every Tuesday for 5 years without fail.
What kind of mother is Jane Malone?

The kind of mother who lovingly, (not pushing) encourages her kids to go to the temple, do family history, be kind to one another and make scripture study more meaningful.
What kind of mother is Jane Malone?

The kind of mother who gets down on the floor with her kids (and then her grandkids) to play with them and read stories.
What kind of mother is Jane Malone?

The kind of mother I want to be. I love you, Mom! Happy Mother's Day!

9 comments:
Sarah you really hit the nail on the head. I've often felt like Aunt Jane was second only to my mom. She loves us no matter what. I always feel special when I am around her. Thanks for posting this.
That was the sweetest post! She is going to love that. And I have to agree that Jane Malone is a one-of-a-kind mother and person. I miss her!
Oh, that made me get all teary. What a great tribute to a really great lady. You're lucky to be related to her.
I love her VERY much! She's got that magnetism about her. You want to be near her, to feel her positive energy. I think that is because of the kind of person she is...kind, loving, giving, funny...and on and on. :) LOVE you Aunt Jane.
Jane Malone. Quite a woman. Thanks for doing this post. I know she'll love it. Everyday I am grateful for her and her unconditional love. We are blessed to have such wonderful examples in our life.
Will you please cut your hair like it is in that first picture?
Please?
What a wonderful tribute to an amazing woman. She is the most Christ like woman I know. Thanks for putting many of my feelings into words. Love you.
Jane is pretty great. I saw her much less often than you did, but she always made me feel special and important to her. She is wonderful.
Supermom of the year. period. I swear she also has supernatural powers that she is hiding from us. Mom I saw you levitating once in front of that casserole dish but I havent mentioned it since. can you really fly? love you
Ben
Post a Comment