Sunday, February 1, 2009

Count Down

Well, less than two weeks and little Norah should be here! I guess all of that is yet to be seen. Thought you'd enjoy some of the things we're gathering to get ready for the baby.



















This is a picture taken tonight. Matt and I are both starting to get nervous about how anything as huge as my belly could ever possibly return to a reasonable size!





These pictures do not do justice to the girls' room. It is so cute! My Mom is making bedding for the baby that matches Merrody's duvet cover. Also, notice the darling mobile (it says Norah, kind of hard to tell). A girl in my ward made it for me without even knowing it would match the room! Another very great girl in my ward threw a shower for me. The first I've had since Merrody was born! It was awesome!P.S. I took these pictures with the lights on while Merrody was asleep--do you think I'm a good Mom?
I got so many cute bows at my shower, but I think this is my very favorite. Jami Jackson made it for me! I love it Jami! Now could you please make me 100 more?!
Here are a couple of my projects. I made this quilt the other day. My favorite feature is that it matches her carseat! Can you see it? The car seat is red and brown. I also made the baby a hooded towel so she wouldn't feel left out when the other kids use theirs. It might be a year or two before it fits!

16 comments:

Pamela said...

Hmmmm...
You're not nesting or anything!
LOL

Austin and Heather Kramer said...

Finally some new pics - your belly s huge, but at least that's all that's huge....well maybe your nose too but I couldn't tell. Glad you're working on some projects - now could you teach me how to make a quilt.
Enjoy your ice chips! xoxo - anonymous

Bethany said...

Cute stuff. You are so crafty. How come I'm so not?
-Bethany

Julia Kelly said...

Love you cute girly room! And you look fabulous! How fun to have a baby shower. Glad all is well.

Jami Jackson said...

That room is SO cute!! My girls room still looks like it could be a boys room - kinda sad. Eliza wants it painted purple. Love the quilt (you're amazing) and towels. I think you should do a tutorial on how to make those towels on your blog.

And you look great Sarah! Everything, but the belly, is small and normal.

Oh, and I wish I could claim that I made the bow. I bought it at a cute boutique here and I thought you'd love it.

And . . . I LOVE the name Norah. I was think if you didn't use it, I was going to for my next girl.

Flake Family said...

Sarah,

I'm glad you took picture on your "good side" otherwise that nose...! Too bad you don't have a "good side" on that stomach, wow that's huge!

Ashley

MANDY said...

Sarah...I love, love, love the cute baby stuff and the girls' bedroom!!! Thanks for sharing your creativity - I keep learning from friends' blogs...it's great! Been missing your posts, but forgot that your baby is nearly here...btw - you are gorgeous pregnant, so don't worry about that belly - it's all baby.

Korbi said...

Hey quilter, where have you been hiding? Come over and teach me how to do the ruffle! (in your spare time of course!)

emlizalmo said...

Sarah...you are out of control...and beautiful. You really are. I bet you are so ready for that sweet baby to arrive. I can't wait to see her. I am thrilled that your new friends threw a shower for you. I wish I had lived near you when the boys were born...I would have to have thrown you one! I love you guys and am so happy that things are looking good. LOVE the girls room. Absolutely LOVE it!

Twinmomwv said...

You are so adorable you almost make me want to be pregnant again.....almost. I love the girls room and no, you're not a bad mom for taking pics with the lights on as long as it didn't wake Merrody. Good luck with your labor, I hope everything goes well....cause we all know it never goes as planned, right? And you're just going to have to face the fact that things don't go back as quickly after #4.

shar said...

You were right Sarah! Your belly is huge!!! Wow, I can't believe you can even stand up! Get that baby out of there already. Miss you tons...Shar

Anonymous said...

I love that bow too. It is super cute. You look amazing by the way. I can't wait to see a picture of your little girl. You have done a fabulous job on the decorating! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I love that bow too. It is super cute. You look amazing by the way. I can't wait to see a picture of your little girl. You have done a fabulous job on the decorating! Good luck!

Laura B. said...

Love the room Sarah! So cute.
And once you figure out how to make that bow, would you please post instructions??? Those are TOO CUTE!

You look great! How come you don't get a ghetto booty when you're pregnant??? Lucky!

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I love the quilt-- I love that it's bright, happy colors instead of the pastels that so much baby stuff comes in. Good job!

Mindy said...

Great room! And what a fun mobile to match, ha ha!