Autumn! Maybe I don't live in the most beautiful place in the world anymore. Maybe the leaves only change to yellow around here-- and that's on the few trees there are. Maybe I can't experience the magic of wind blowing multi-colored leaves around in wisps of air past my face as I walk down the sidewalk. Or crunch my feet on the millions of pine cones and smell burning bonfires in the air. Or feel the electric excitement of the beginning of the football season with all its fanfare. But the air is crisp, it's jacket season and that means fall. The local farmers are harvesting their crops and that means delicious apples, peaches, tomatoes, and peppers. Especially peppers! We had the most AMAZING stuffed peppers last night for dinner along with a roasted butternut squash. I spent the whole day sewing trick-or-treating bags (anyone recognize the pattern?) for my kids and my brother's kids, who will be here for HALLOWEEN. It's fall and I'm happy. I love Autumn.

8 comments:
Those are dang cute Halloween bags. I don't know WHERE you got that pattern, but I WANT it=). I swear I will NEVER make another purse like that in my entire life. I'm glad you can.
Love the bags! You've officially inspired me.
I'm sad your poll is closed already. I vote for Marley (and I was just thinking about his very dilemma this after noon, freaky!) since the boys are both J's. Merrody needs a match too!
Sarah, why do you have to be so darn amazing? Those bags are so cute and that dinner looks delicious. Why didn't you invite us over?
I'm so with you on missing the fall time in Morgantown. It's just not the same (sigh). Hope you guys have an fun Halloween and your kids better fill those cute bags!
I must say this is my favorite time of year. I love it!! That is so awesome you made all those bags! I could never do that, and if I tried it would have taken me days upon days to do it!! I hope you have a fun time with your brothers family and I hope you are doing good. We miss you guys even though we never saw you that often. It is weird to think that we won't see your for a long long time. Sad. :( TTYL!
Those bags are cute! How can Luke and Jensen get their hands on some?
-Heather
Ah....Sarah, I miss you and your spontaneous awesomeness! I am so happy for you having a girl. How precious. I also need your recipe for those stuffed peppers! miss ya, shar
I love those cute bags! I think I'm the only LDS mom who does not know how to sew a bag like that...or sew anything at all. Maybe I'll ask for a sewing machine for Christmas. Fall is the most amazing time of year, and I wish it lasted longer. It's already getting belowing freezing at night here, and the leaves are falling fast.
Those are great purses. I also really liked the stockings you made last year.
Looks like you are getting into the spirit of fall with some delicious cooking.
Post a Comment