Monday, September 12, 2011

Flash Flood

On Friday night after dinner, Matt and I were sitting on the couch chatting and enjoying the sounds of the massive thunderstorm outside our window. When, all of the sudden, Matt screamed, " WOH!" and ran to the window. This is what we saw:


















So we headed out the front door and found a rushing river through our driveway and covering the street. If we had wanted to evacuate, someone would've had to come get us.






















We noticed the poor neighbors had a waterfall rushing over their driveway into their back yard.

































I actually had to keep the kids from wading into the middle because the current was so strong, it would've carried them away!











































I had another "WOH" moment the next day when I looked out the window and saw Joel playing in the muddy mess the flood left behind.













































































And then he marched himself right into my house like that and touched every surface of the bathroom and proceeded to shower with the curtain out of the bathtub. He left mud everywhere and an inch in the bathtub when he was done! Boys will be boys...



On a lighter note:






























































5 comments:

emlizalmo said...

Holy SMOKES! And holy cute kids! <3

Austin and Heather Kramer said...

WOW! It is such a huge blessing you guys didn't get any water in the house!

Payne said...

Can't believe the river in your backyard! I want to squeeze Joely.

Malone Family Blog said...

I knew it was bad, but not THIS bad. I am so glad that your house is ok. xoxoxoo Mom M.

Jami Jackson said...

Wow! What a thing to experience!