A few weeks ago it donned on me that this would be the first year any of my children would attend the first day of school in a school they had been to before. Can you believe that? I guess it would explain why Merr and Joel kept asking if they would be going to school in the same school as last year. So I went all out getting ready. I did way more than my usual buying of a few cute outfits and a new backpack. I got their whole lives in order. All of their doctor's appointments, their teeth cleanings (and a filling for Merr). We cleaned out their closets and drawers. Merrody got her eyes checked and new glasses (not pictured) and we cleaned the whole house. Everyone got haircuts and new shoes. They had clean sheets and towels and everyone got a Father's Blessing. I made a hot breakfast of bran muffins and scrambled eggs and packed lunches complete with an I love you note from Mom. And it all payed off. The kids were positively glowing when they headed out the door for their first day of school!
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














3 comments:
Joely is too cute he's my favorite. I love that one of him with the bright lighting.
Ash
Way to go! You guys are all ready. I can just feel the back to school excitement. I love Merr's hair! btw - hurricane Earl would have ruined Rehoboth anyway.
How do you do it all Sarah! You are truly inspiring to me! I love first day of school pictures. I seriously can't believe how big Merrody is getting. And I'm sure Joel has all the girls flirting with him at school. Oh, and Eliza has that same horse shirt as Merr. Go figure . . .
Post a Comment