Sunday, August 8, 2010

Swallow Falls

We spent the weekend camping at Swallow Falls State Park (Maryland). It is a beautiful spot with hiking trails, waterfalls, and nice little campsites.






We were able to talk Carey and Todd into coming with us at the last minute. Matt's parents and Erich, Hyrum and Christian all came up for a short visit on Friday night.




The kids had a total blast hunting bugs and other disgusting creatures and generally playing in the dirt.








I love this picture of the kids when I'm trying to make them sit still for a picture. I didn't love it at the time...

Matt pulled out all the stops and made a DELICIOUS dutch oven meal! (Thanks Aunt Jolynne for the great recipe in the Flake Family Cookbook!) This is the picture of what it looked like before it had time to cook.

And here's the amazing finished product:
And a big shout out to Carey's baby, Kate. At 5 weeks old she was easily the youngest camper at Swallow Falls. And she was also the least trouble of all the kids!


Clayre was allright too. :)

7 comments:

Bethany said...

Yay for pigtails! Norah looks so cute!

Payne said...

That 4th photo is amazing. Great photography, Sarah. Fun weekend - I need to bring extra earplugs next time! I wish we would have stuck around for that amazing chicken dish!

The Terrell Family said...

We loved Swallow Falls when we went last fall. It was raining and 50 degrees, so you're trip looks like a bigger success!

MANDY said...

That is a great picture of you and Matt. Sounds like you had a great little getaway, and nothing beats family togetherness!

emlizalmo said...

I'm just sitting here sighing, thinking of what a wonderful group of people. Some of my very favorites in the whole world. :)

Jami Jackson said...

Those pictures speak a thousand words Sarah. I looks like you had a blast and I'm really missing the east coast right now. It's SO beautiful there! And Matt's dutch oven dish looks delicious! Oh, and I just have to say that Jackson has got to be the cutest boy EVER!! Miss you!

Jon said...

Matt,

Lookin good my friend. Lookin good.