Sunday, July 18, 2010

Baptism

Sweet little Merrody turned 8 this week. I can't believe I have a child old enough to be baptized! I'm going to have to step up my parenting game a bit. She got a new set of scriptures, a journal, and a CTR ring. Last night she was baptized. It was a beautiful program. Matt's siblings and parents were all there as well as the neighbor girls across the street and tons of people from the ward. We had excellent talks, a beautiful musical number and delicious refreshments. Most importantly, her Dad was able to baptize and confirm her. It was a perfect night for our little girl.







Oh, and my Mom made these darling skirts with matching purses for the occasion! I love them, Mom!





8 comments:

Ashley D said...

It's easy to take cute pictures of Norah. I love the Merrody announcement. Did you make it?

Jami Jackson said...

Adorable announcement! What a memorable day! I can't believe Merrody is that old. I remember her as a little baby girl . . .

Ashley D said...

Love the pictures. Wish I could have been there. I want a 5x7 of NORAH against the wall with the pointed toe. Love, Mom

emlizalmo said...

Beautiful day for a perfectly beautiful little girl! <3

Austin and Heather Kramer said...

Wish we could have come. We totally would have if we were hanging out in Iowa. Come see us! This time we promise to not be sick and not have projects going on in our house.

mj said...

What wonderful pictures of a beautiful little girl at one of the most important days of her life. The Lord has blessed us all so very much.I am so thankful for the gospel and all the joy it brings to each of us.

Twinmomwv said...

I remember when she was a teeny babe in arms! Congratulations! Where did your mom get the pattern for those skirts?

MANDY said...

HOw cute are those skirts??? How exciting to have your oldest baptized! Congrats to Merrody, and to the two of you parents who have prepared her for that special event. What a great responsibility we have to teach them about accountability and choice and agency, etc....wow, thank goodness for all the direction we have to guide us, right?