Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Trip To the Park and Other Random Happenings

Today we took our kids to the park. It was a new park, not one we've been to often. Surprisingly, the kids reacted like this:






















































They didn't want to play! In fact, they spent most of the time DRAWING PICTURES!!




















Here's a not-so-happy Jackson sporting the shirt he's worn DAY AND NIGHT for the last 6 days! I haven't even fought it once. It's one of the few things I LOVE about having boys.















The Frankenstein-like wound in between Joel's eyes resulted when he had a little run in with a pool cue at a friend's house. Doesn't it look like stitches?





















Merrody started piano lessons this week. (taught by yours truly). She's learning quickly! It's fun even though listening to her practice hurts my ears!



















Norah took her first trip to the emergency room this week. She woke up in the middle of the night burning up with fever and she was PURPLE!!!After trying to get her back to a normal color, I rushed her down to the hospital. Of course, she was pinking up by the time I got there. Her fever was 105, though! Turns out the little sweetheart had a UTI. She's on the mend, thank goodness. It sure makes you appreciate health when your baby gets sick. We just love our little baby!










6 comments:

Austin and Heather Kramer said...

my favorite pics are the close-ups with you and norah and matt and norah. since your kids are sick of the WA parks, maybe you should try some in IA!

Jami Jackson said...

I love the orange flower on Norah! She is darling and I'm so glad she is on the mend. What a scary night for you!

emlizalmo said...

Oh my gosh I love these pictures! The first 4 or 5 are HYSTERICAL! Totally bored and done with the park thing. Can't tell you how often that happens to me. I'm glad your sweet girl is OK. Must have been terrifying. Love you guys.

MANDY said...

The kids look hot and tired.....poor things. I love how Norah's eyes match Matt's in color. Great pics! Sorry about the ER visit....how scary.

literaqueen said...

Glad Norah's doing better now. Hey, just FYI, when you're in Morgantown, you'll have to stop by my house. I'll be just getting out of the hospital on the 26th, so there's no way I'll be at church, but I want to see you!

mj said...

This post made me laugh out loud.What wonderful, typical reactions to the new park. I love that you even got photos of them. What a treasure.The photoa with the orange hair bow are absolutely darling.