Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Blog About Nothing

I don't have much to say. I find that when I don't have much to say it's best to make a list. Don't ya think?

Here we go, then, a list about what's up at our house:

1. We just finished another round of swim lessons. It was a bit complicated taking all of the kids and rotating who was in and who was out, etc., but they all loved it.
2. Norah is potty trained. We are officially out of diapers for the first time in 9 1/2 years!
3. Our current family chores consist of rotating assignments for dishes (Joel, Merr and Jack take turns unloading, loading and clearing the table). They are also responsible to pick up 10 then things in the toy room before they go to bed. It's surprising how much of a difference it makes down there!
4. Matt's work schedule is perfect for our morning routine. He's actually home long enough that we're able to have family scripture study before the kids get on the bus. It's not perfect, but it's a lot more consistent than it was at night.
5. Matt Malone and I are currently in debates about which of us loves the other one more. I have decided to even the score by loving Matt much less. :)
6. I am reading The Entitlement Trap by Richard and Linda Eyre. It is a parenting book about helping our kids not feel so entitled to have everything in the world. It is very thought provoking.
7. Merrody has recently reached the charming stage where she refuses to stand in front of the camera. (Note: that's why there are no pictures of her)
8. I am 19 weeks pregnant. I "have that pregnancy glow" and "you can only tell I'm pregnant from the front". Also, I actually feel much more energetic and happier than when I'm not pregnant! (if you can't tell I'm kidding you don't know me very well)
9. Our whole family just got over the stomach flu. Lucky Jack got it twice!
10. Why does every list have to end on an even number? Nine things are perfectly acceptable, if you ask me!



4 comments:

Austin and Heather Kramer said...

Can't wait to see your "pregnant glow" in a few weeks!

Jennifer Miller said...

About another week and you will know what you are having! That is really cool.

Jenny G said...

Just requested the book from the library, thanks! Good luck being pregnant and enjoy no diapers for a minute.

Jami Jackson said...

I wanted another picture of your "glowing" pregnancy. Your kids are darling though . . . especially that Norah!