Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Like Father Like Sons?
















I'm afraid Joel and Jack watched a Caillou episode about a marching band. They've been marching in circles around my house ever since. Tonight they insisted that I make them some sort of drums for marching. Some cake pans, a little painters tape, and voila! I tried my hardest to explain that band is for nerds. It was completely lost on them.





5 comments:

Aaron said...

Love it!!! Malia still talks about my dixie cup maracas. Why buy toys when you can make things that are much more interesting? Was Matt a band nerd? I might have forgotten that one. My hubbie played the tuba. Apparently band was okay and they had choir nerds in his school. BAH on California.;)

Flake Family said...

I was sure that "like father like sons" would refer to forgetting to put on pants. Happy to be wrong.
-Bethany

Julia Kelly said...

fun chatting with you last night!

Flake Family said...

I have seen the very Caillou that you talk about. Fie! to Caillou!
K

Nettie said...

What a cool mom you are! We have a couple nerdy percussionists at our house, too.