It's so hard to get a cute picture of the three kids together, but this one is just darling! I love it! Only a few hours later, they showed me just how cute they really are. Here's the email I wrote:
Here's my submission for the Mother of the Year award:
So, I had this brilliant idea to take my three sweet toddlers to the movies and dinner for Friday night (Matt's out of town). Of course, they didn't deserve it because they'd been fighting and being generally naughty all day, but I figured what the heck. On the drive over to the mall, Joel fell asleep for about ten minutes. When he woke up, he was a tad grouchy and wanted to be carried into the mall. ( Note to self: next time take the stroller). I figured we were just walking from the car to the movie, we could make it. So, Merrody and I held Jack's hands and made him walk into the mall while I carried Joel. Joel was sprawled out all over the floor while I was buying the tickets. I had to carry him to the theatre door, but NOOO, he was not going in there.
After spending about 10 minutes fighting with Joel and Merrody (by this time, she was crying because she wanted to see the movie and we weren't going in), I went back out to the front and got a refund for my tickets. I was still optimistic at this point that we would return for the 7:00 showing after grabbing some dinner. W
e tried to eat dinner in the food court, but Joel was still throwing a fit and screaming LOUD and drawing a lot of attention. I was trying to stay patient, but I was not about to stand in there while they were acting like that. I decided to go back to the car and regroup and make a new plan. Once again, Joel wouldn't walk and insisted on being carried. Unfortunately, Merrody had somehow developed a pain in her foot and didn't want to walk either and would certainly not hold Jack's other hand so he could walk. I made it out the mall doors and about halfway to the car by dragging/holding Jack's hand when I decided that Jack shouldn't suffer for Joel's wickedness. I put Joel down, grabbed Jack and started walking fast toward the car. I figured, they'd have to follow me. Merrody did, whimpering the whole way. Joel, on the other hand, stood right where I left him and screamed bloody murder. I ran to the car to put Jack down. What could I do? By the time I returned to carry Joel to the car, there was a crowd of about 20-25 curious mall-goers standing around watching the poor abandoned 3-year-old. I was more than a little flustered when I screamed, "He's mine. I didn't leave him, I just can't carry three at once". I got them back to the car and was just pulling out of the parking lot when I saw the mall security car driving past scanning the lot for the reported "abandoned toddler". Sweet. Where's my mother's day gift?! Sarah

No comments:
Post a Comment